Thursday 6 September 2012

Completed number 22. See an old friend.

George, Sophie and I travelled up to Maghull (my home town) last Wednesday. We were having a few days with mum and dad getting school shoes (Cheshire Oaks shopping), looking for red squirrels (Formby) and sightseeing (Southport). During this time I met up with 2 school friends which was fab.

First I saw Lisa Smethurst - my oldest friend from school. We met in the first day at Woodend Primary - on the 1st September 1977 - yes my fifth birthday (school has never gone back on that date since - that I know of!). I remember sitting on a red chair and having 5 smarties because it was my birthday. And met Lisa who became my best friend for most of school. We lost touch when we were about 18 - we both left for different colleges.

Having only just caught up with technology I managed to join Facebook this year and arrange to meet Lisa last week!

We went to the local cafe (very nice cake by the way) for a catch up. Great memories - remembering what we got up to (and I would not let George and Sophie do now!) - going to town hall disco, going on holiday together and having fun (remember Girl Guides!!)

Here is a snap of Lisa, me, mum and Sophie



Then on Friday night (big 40 eve!) I went to the pub with Sarah and Neil where I met up with Lucy Turner. Another Woodender!

I think the last time we met was about 10 years ago before George was conceived!! And that last meeting was in Reading at a bar where I was very drunk! This time we met in the Hare & Hounds- a local Maghull pub. Great chatting and catching up on what has been happening. Remembered how funny Lucy is!
Here we are:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!