Sunday 29 January 2012

Completed a couple more

Went to London on Friday with my Friday Friends. Let me tell you a bit about the Friday friends. We met in 2003 at pregnancy yoga (when I was pregnant with my eldest George). From pregnancy yoga we then did baby yoga (with the lovely Margaret) and then after that we continued to meet on a Friday for coffee and chat. Nearly nine years later and we are still meeting but now it tends to be after school so our children can play. We take it in turns to host and feed the gang. We have been planning to write a 'Friday friends guide to quick and easy food to feed over 10 children' as it usually hectic as we all have 2 children each now.

Anyway we also have mum's nights out and now most of the children are at school we are are now planning a few outings during the day (the freedom!!!).

Last Friday was our first official mum's day out. We got the train into London and the adventure began.

First stop coffee and cake in Russell Square:
Me, Larissa, Claire and Julie (Pippa taking photo)

Next we wandered around London trying to find either the Theatre or the National Portrait gallery.

We found the gallery and went in for a look.



Julie, Larissa, Claire and Pippa going up the very long escalator to the top of the gallery. Don't know who strange lady is!

I have to say that I did indeed appreciate some of the art. The portraits in the tutor section were stunning - incredible detail and colour. Unfortunately I did not like some of the more modern stuff. Great experience. Must try different gallery now. 

Claire and I appreciating what we had seen!

We had to drag Julie out to get something to eat!

Headed off to China town and had some fab food and drink.


China town decorated as it was Chinese New Year last week

Yummy food: Me, Claire, Larissa, Pippa and Julie.


Finally off to the Garrick Theatre to watch Chicago. Fab show. I had no idea of the story but it was  very entertaining. The performers were very fit some of the women even had 6 packs!! Wow!!


The Theatre

Jazz hands: Claire, Julie, me and Pippa.

I had a fab day and thank you to my lovely Friday friends for making the day so great.

What to do next? Think I need to start growing a plant as I have given myself a year to keep it alive!! 

The weather forecast is for snow tomorrow so may get to sledge? (hope so!!)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!