Wednesday 25 January 2012

Joined a club today. Aaron Tyler running club. First session tonight. Met with about 40 other 'runners' at Prospect Park. One of them was my Friday friend Claire (who is also 40 this year and has her own 40 things she plans to do - must get her to blog with me!).We had our warm up and then ran a 'Cooper Test'. This meant we ran backwards and forwards over about 100 metres for 12 minutes. They have divided us into two groups using the number of repeats we did. I am in the second group (not as fit!) but think I am not far from the top of that group (hope so). Claire is in the other group (she is fitter than I am anyway!!). Mixed bunch of runners - looking forward to making some new friends.

Met Aaron, the owner tonight and two of his team. They all seem very nice and very encouraging. Plan to take a photo later on when it is lighter in the evenings. Will include the other runners so might ask someone to take a group shot. I thought it would be a good idea to include Aaron and asked him if he would be coming every week. He said no and probably thinks I was trying to chat him up!! (why didn't I explain about the blog??). Will tick it off list once I have a good photo.

Had a couple of new ideas to include in the list:

bike ride with family
camping trip with friends (Friday friends have discussed this before - just need to convince Pippa it's a good idea to sleep on the floor!!!!!)

Which ones will I remove though?

3 comments:

  1. Remove number 9, you have no chance;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was the cheeky person who wrote this? I am sure I can manage a scarf?

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!