Monday 27 February 2012

Knitting - number 9 completed

I have learnt to knit!! Not easy to do.

Mum and dad came for the weekend and mum brought some wool, easy patterns and knitting needles.

I am going to make a chicken and a rabbit that hold a cream egg inside them - for George and Sophie for Easter.

Started this weekend with the chicken. First cast on 30 stitches. Casting on took about 2 hours!! Took mum about 1 minute!! Was not easy!

Look at us knitting!



Once I had cast on then I had to just knit 27 rows of the 30 stitches. By row 4 I had increased the number of stitches from 30 to 40. Apparently increasing is not easy to do!! I have no idea how I did it.

See the picture of my mum's reaction to this mistake.


I had to start again!!


The chicken is finished.

Here it is:

What do you think??

4 comments:

  1. Janette! What a great chicken - it does actually look like one! Well done you - I am very impressed ( I think your Mum is secretly proud of your skills!) I remember knitting you a penguin when you were a baby!
    Pat (as in cousin Pat!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken??
    Looks more like a well known chocolate egg, we see around on telly.
    I wonder if its Gooooing to get stapled at Easter????

    Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Mum did it or you were up for a very long time!!!
    Sos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,
    Hello wonder where that penguin is now? I suspect it is in mum and dad's loft with all the other teddy's??

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!