Thursday 16 February 2012

Plants and karaoke

Just thought I would write a post to say I haven't completed any more tasks yet! Have been busy working so had no spare time (and it has been half term so super busy).

I think the next task is starting - the growing and nurturing a plant for a year. I have 2 possible plants to grow (might try to keep both going?)

Firstly there is a cutting from a money plant. This cutting is in a pot in Glasgow with Sarah (my sister) who has the cutting from her plant. I thought she could send me updates about its progress and then I will prompt her when to water it. I am sure she will then pass it on to mum and dad (in Liverpool) - again mum can water it when I say (so it is me who keeps it alive!!). Then mum and dad can bring it here and I can help it carry on. It will probably be fine until I get it? My track record of keeping plants alive is poor. I had a spider plant in Swansea (when doing Ph.D.) in my office which died (apparently they are hard to kill off??). And George has followed in my footsteps as he has had a cactus and a spider plant in the last year which have both died in his/my care!! Oh dear!

The second plant is a bean plant. Sophie brought it home from school on the last day of term. We have re-potted it and I plan to keep it going as long as possible. We don't know what sort of bean plant it is or how long it should last?

When I can I will post photos of the two plants and their progress next week!!

I was looking at my list and am thinking about 'singing kareoke' and 'going to a pub quiz'. There must be some of my friends who would join me? Need to find a good venue for both of these in Reading? But where and who with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!