Monday 20 February 2012

plants and list

I have started a new page just for item number 10 on my list- nurturing a plant for 1 year (see link on the right). As there should be regular updates and progress reports thought the plant (s) should have their own page! I have two plants growing (in the hope one will survive!!).

I am changing my list:

Remove: write a poem

Add: brew something fizzy. As my hobby is brewing my own wine and cider I would like to brew some cider this year that has a fizz. The last batch I made over a year ago tasted great but was flat. I want to try this again but this time work out how to add the fizz (if not naturally use the beer barrel!).

Need: apple crusher/full apple juicer - last time I used an apple press made by my dad (out of bits of wood and car jack found in his garage) until it broke. Then used a juicer but it was one that required me to peel and core the apples first - took ages to get a gallon of juice!

Anyone want to donate a juicer? Thanks!

Last time had loads of apples from friends and neighbours with apple trees so hopefully they will all donate to me again - this time if I have proper juicer I can make enough cider for everyone to try it!!

I am also thinking about adding 'skyping 10 people this year'. I should really try using this a bit more. We have skyped Sarah, Neil and Isla before but maybe skype more people - create a skype address book?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment on my blog? This is where you can. No rude words please!!